Wanna learn how to market your planning business to same-sex couples? Wanna learn how to plan same-sex weddings the right way?
If so, then you’re gonna love this podcast episode!
Bernadette Smith is the founder of 14 Stories and the Gay Wedding Institute. She’s a published author, speaker, and expert in the field of LGBTQ weddings. With 14 years of industry experience, Bernadette has served as an invaluable resource and advisor for Timeline Genius — helping us craft our own same-sex timeline templates.
In this interview, Bernadette shares concrete principles and tactics that will help you attract same-sex couples as clients. And she gives you a playbook for doing an exceptional job of planning LGBTQ weddings.
Here are some of the valuable points Bernadette addresses:
- How traditions vary when planning same-sex and opposite-sex weddings
- How a lack of gender roles impacts the wedding timeline
- The best way to phrase questions on a client questionnaire
- The importance of considering family roles when planning same-sex weddings
- How to market yourself to the LGBTQ community
- Where to place an anti-discrimination policy on your website
- Why your website language might be turning away LGBTQ couples
- The best marketing channels for acquiring LGBTQ couples as clients
- Her most valuable piece of advice for achieving success as a wedding planner
To hear Bernadette’s interview, you can press the play button below. And be sure to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes.
I want to say a special Thank You to Bernadette for diving into this topic and sharing her wisdom with the Timeline Genius community!
- Templates & Forms for Vendors
- Free Social Media Tips to attract LGBTQ couples
- The Gay Wedding Institute Online Certification – Timeline Genius Community Discount Rate – $299