For the 42nd episode of our Wedding Industry Insider podcast, I had the privilege of interviewing Kirsten and Maria Palladino, the brilliant minds behind Equally Wed — an acclaimed online LGBTQ+ wedding resource.
Kirsten is the editorial director of EquallyWed.com and the author of Equally Wed: The Ultimate Guide to Planning Your LGBTQ+ Wedding. Maria is the creative director of EquallyWed.com, and she has 20+ years of graphic design and web development experience. Kirsten and Maria are also the co-founders of Equally Wed Pro, a leading LGBTQ+ wedding certification program.
In this interview, Kirsten and Maria share their combined expertise and reveal how to authentically serve the LGBTQ+ community. They also share valuable tips for using content marketing and blogging to elevate your business.
Here are some of the key points Kirsten and Maria address:
- How to “lead with love” in your business and project inclusivity online
- The surprising effects of marriage equality legalization on their business
- The importance of allowing your couples to guide your language and planning
- Guidance on using gender-neutral wedding terms
- The importance of not making any assumptions when working with the diverse LGBTQ+ community
- Simple ways to make the wedding contract, timeline, and venue more inclusive
- Common mistakes planners make when working with LGBTQ+ community
- Learning the ABC’s of the LGBTQ+ community
- Tips on leveraging your own story for content marketing and blog writing
To hear this insightful interview, press the play button below. And don’t forget to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes.
I want to say a special, heartfelt thank you to Kirsten and Maria for sharing their expertise with the Timeline Genius community.
- Dive further into the LGBTQ+ wedding planning community here: www.equallywed.com
- Learn more about the Equally Wed Pro LGBTQ+ inclusiveness training program here: www.equallywedpro.com