Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
If you’re in the wedding industry, and you’ve ever felt isolated or overwhelmed, then this episode’s for you. Because today’s guest understands, and she’s working to change it for the better.
Elisabeth “Beth” Kramer is a wedding coordinator in Portland, Oregon, who works to make weddings more inclusive, diverse, equitable, accessible, and sustainable. She is also the co-founder of Altared, a space for wedding vendors who want to change the wedding industry. With a mission to value and respect the lived experience of each person, Beth writes about what she sees in the industry and provides free resources to support anyone who is planning or working a wedding. Her work is published in BRIDES, Vanity Fair, and People, among countless other news syndicates.
In this episode, Beth calls out the problems of the wedding industry complex and gets transparent about what she’s done to grow her business in a spirit of inclusivity, equitability, and collaboration for not only clients but also other vendors.
Episode highlights & action steps:
- Consider the experience of your clients to recognize where they might be facing prejudice, racism, or exclusion
- Use your own stories (and ask Beth to help you tease them out!) in the medium that you’re good at and enjoy – in order to attract leads that know your style
- Practice boundary-setting by choosing what you will keep carrying as well as what you want to set down
- Grow by offering different tiers of services or even consultation calls that lead to organic upsell opportunities
- Check out Altared and sign up for Beth’s newsletter
- Her #1 piece of advice for wedding professionals
To hear Beth’s interview, you can press the play button above. And be sure to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes, Spotify, or wherever you listen!
We want to say a special thank you to Beth for sharing these insights with our Timeline Genius community.
Please take this information, act on it, and carry on the journey toward fulfilling your dreams!
- Learn more about Altared (be sure to get on the newsletter or say hello!)
- Get in touch with Beth and check out her free resources and consultation services
- Ready to get more ways to customize your timelines? See what Timeline Genius can do for you!