Judged for being gay, he grew up hating himself and trying to be someone else. But after years of pretending, he learned that being himself was not only inherently good but also that it authentically fueled his business.
Now, he uses his brand to show others kindness and respect as well as to empower marginalized communities. Because in the business of love, there’s no room for hate!
Jove Meyer is the visionary behind Jove Meyer Events, a global design firm for those who dare to be different. In addition to providing planning and design services for events and weddings, Jove Meyer Events offers interior design that fuses intentionality with permanence. Named one of the world’s top planners by Martha Stewart and Harper’s Bazaar, he’s featured in publications such as Domino, Vogue, The New York Times, and The Magnolia Network. This month, he also joins Tara Lipinski and José Rolón in the just-released talk show Wedding Talk (free on Crackle).
In this episode, Jove explains how being who you are – instead of who you think you should be – is what will create success that matters to you.
Here’s some of the topics that Jove discusses:
- Freeing himself from pretending to be someone he wasn’t
- Rejecting the comparison game, especially in light of social media
- Releasing the expectation that success happens overnight
- Planting seeds of love, kindness, and inclusivity
- Building a portfolio that authentically reflects both designer and brand
- Empowering others by taking anti-hate measures, such as having all vendors, partners, and clients sign an Ally Pledge
- His #1 piece of advice for wedding planning professionals
We want to say a special thank you to Jove for sharing these insights with our Timeline Genius community.
Please take this information, act on it, and carry on the journey toward fulfilling your dreams!