Where’s the whiskey? Where’s the Oreos?
At the height of lockdown in Bermuda, Nikki Begg found herself refunding previously booked clients over a quarter of a million dollars when they canceled their destination weddings due to COVID-19. Cue skipping fresh produce in favor of liquor and cookies.
But, ultimately, that challenging time helped her discover what she wants moving forward. It includes a career change as well as prioritizing her own happiness.
Now, Nikki is the owner of The Intentional Coach, where she provides coaching services for women who want a reboot. She is also the founder of Bermuda Bride, the premier wedding planning company in Bermuda. With over 23 years of experience, she’s a renowned industry speaker and is featured as an A-List Planner by Destination Weddings & Honeymoons.
In this episode, Nikki talks about how she used her experience during the pandemic to launch a new chapter of her career. Specifically, she shares the lessons that help her not only achieve success but also feel content.
Here are some of the important points that Nikki discusses:
- Starting multiple complementary businesses in order to serve destination wedding clients
- Being kind to herself in addition to answering a new calling through coaching
- Releasing the responsibility for someone else’s happiness
- Scheduling the specific dates she wants to be unavailable
- Staying consistent, being determined, and believing everything will work out
- Avoiding burnout by creating boundaries for both herself and her team
- Her #1 piece of advice for wedding planning professionals
We want to say a special thank you to Nikki for sharing these insights with our Timeline Genius community.
Please take this information, act on it, and carry on the journey toward fulfilling your dreams!