Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Imagine that you not only quit your job but also took out a small business loan. In addition to that, you’ve only been married for 3 weeks. And then you learn the business you bought is basically sinking. What do you do? Today’s guest made a choice:
“I decided that I was committed to figuring it out, even though the fear of failure and the fear of unknown and the fear of never getting out from underneath the reputation – those fears were super, super strong.”
Megan Gillikin is the founder and owner of The Planner’s Vault, an educational resource and community-based network for wedding planners. She is also the host of the Weddings for Real podcast as well as an industry educator and speaker. Additionally, she is the owner of A Southern Soiree, a wedding and event planning company that she rebranded and revitalized after purchasing it in 2010.
In this episode, Megan shares about the lessons she gained from purchasing and rebranding an existing wedding planning business. Specifically, she talks about how she uses the experience to now help other wedding planners achieve their business goals.
Here are some of the important points that Megan discusses:
- Realizing the extent of the negative reputation of the business that she purchased
- Overcoming fear and making the intentional decision to turn things around
- Rebuilding the brand by asking vendors about their experiences with wedding planners as well as what made things easier or harder for them
- Gaining back vendors by building her business around their feedback
- Developing relationships with local venues (and what she recommends that you say)
- Avoiding burnout by creating boundaries not only for herself but also for her team
- Her #1 piece of advice for wedding planning professionals
To hear Megan’s interview, you can press the play button above. And be sure to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes, Spotify, or wherever you listen!
We want to say a special thank you to Megan for sharing these insights with our Timeline Genius community.
Please take this information, act on it, and carry on the journey toward fulfilling your dreams!
- DM Megan on IG
- Book a free personal tour and transform your timelines!
- Click here to get your free e-book Top 50 Business Growth & Empowerment Tips