If you find that you’re fighting imposter syndrome or your vision for your business is vague, then it’s time to figure out what’s driving you at your core.
Alia Wilson is the Owner and Creative Director of Firefly Events, a full-service planning and design company specializing in weddings, parties, and celebrations. With over 11 years of experience, Alia also provides coaching for wedding planners who are looking to grow their businesses. She is recognized as a top planner by BRIDES, Harper’s Bazaar, VOGUE, Martha Stewart Weddings, BizBash, and The Knot. Additionally, Firefly Events has earned features in more than thirty print and digital industry publications.
In this episode, Alia talks about why building a sustainable business requires having a vision that’s greater than getting higher paying clients. And further, in order to create a job you want to go to, you must pinpoint your core motivation as well as respect the work you do.
Here are some of the important points that Alia discusses:
- Listening to the degree that the wedding makes people say this feels like them in spite of being a brand new experience
- Acting with your own definition of integrity and being relentless
- Building the foundation of your business as well as driving toward your greater vision
- Having a great experience yourself in order to create it for your clients and employees throughout the entire planning process
- Incorporating your driving passion into your work so that you create a job you love
- Tuning in to your gut response instead of discrediting your intuition
- Building confidence by having more respect for the work you produce and for yourself
- Her #1 piece of advice for wedding planning professionals
We want to say a special thank you to Alia for sharing these insights with our Timeline Genius community.
Please take this information, act on it, and carry on the journey toward fulfilling your dreams!