Want to build a team but can’t afford it yet?
Check out this episode to get actionable ways you can build a team from the ground up!
Jade Robinson is the Founder and Lead Planner of J.R. Events, an event management company in Jacksonville, Florida. Jade has over 12 years of experience producing corporate and non-profit events and has been planning weddings since 2015. Currently, she manages a team of 5 lead coordinators and 12 wedding assistants. Additionally, she oversees the intern program for J.R. Events and is a rising industry speaker on the topics of team-building, mindset, and leadership. Notably, J.R. Events has been voted the #1 Event Planner in the 904-area and has won WeddingWire’s Couples Choice Award four times since 2018.
In this episode, Jade talks about the way that she embraced her own growth in order to build her highly-regarded team. Specifically, she shares the lessons that fueled her team-building success.
Here are some of the important points that Jade discusses:
- Staying in discovery mode so that you’re open to learning
- Reaching burnout yet using it to start training the right people
- Bringing on planners through her own intern program and non-paid trial period
- Modeling the work ethic and behavior she expects from her employees
- Partnering with a competing business to mutually provide staff support when needed
- Retraining your mind in order to grow personally and professionally
- Asking questions to guide others and plant seeds that lead to achieving larger goals
- Prioritizing diversity while teaching her team how to handle judgmental situations
- Her #1 piece of advice for wedding planning professionals
We want to say a special thank you to Jade for sharing these insights with our Timeline Genius community.
Please take this information, act on it, and carry on the journey toward fulfilling your dreams!