It’s the 100th episode of Wedding Industry Insider!
So, be sure to catch this episode and register to join us for a live celebration of this milestone!
Tara Guérard is the Owner and Creative Director of Tara Guérard Soirée, a full-service event planning and design company maintaining offices in both Charleston, SC, and NYC. With over 20 years of experience, both Vogue and Harper’s Bazaar have named her a top wedding planner. Her second company, Lettered Olive, provides custom letterpress printing for wedding invitations, stationery, and announcements.
Tara has been featured in Southern Living, Traditional Home, Town & Country Weddings, Martha Stewart Weddings, and Brides. She has also made appearances on The Martha Stewart Show, The Nate Berkus Show, and the Style Network. Additionally, Tara is the author of Southern Weddings: New Looks from the Old South and Weddings by Tara Guérard.
In this episode, Tara credits her success to working hard yet simultaneously working smarter with each stage of her business. Specifically, she shares about what prompted her career-shaping decisions.
Here are some of the important points that Tara discusses:
- Taking her business from 30-40 weddings per year to a max of 8
- Launching her second business (with a third in the works)
- Setting both a minimum cost for events and turning down business
- Using a florist canceling on her last minute to become full production
- Being perpetually optimistic as well as hiring her opposite
- Treating everyone the same and taking care of anyone who works with her on an event
- Keeping a cash loan credit with her bank to manage cash flow between events
- Inviting planners who want to be part of her new venture to contact her directly
- Her #1 piece of advice for wedding planning professionals
We want to say a special thank you to Tara for sharing these insights with our Timeline Genius community.
Please take this information, act on it, and carry on the journey toward fulfilling your dreams!