You know getting your work published is a big deal. But how do you make it happen? Fortunately, this expert has the answer.
Brittny Drye is the Founder and Editor-in-Chief of Love Inc., an equality-minded wedding blog and print publication that creates inclusive content for hetero and LGBTQ+ couples. Her thought-leadership has been recognized by The New York Times, Forbes, The Washington Post, Refinery29, OUT Magazine, The Advocate, and Cosmopolitan, among others.
She is also a nominated industry speaker and educator. Currently, she serves as the VP of Marketing for The National Gay Wedding Association. And, on top of these many accomplishments, she hosts Inclusively Yours, an LGBTQ-inclusive podcast.
In this episode, Brittny breaks down exactly what you should know and do in order to get your work featured in wedding publications. Additionally, she gives you a 15% discount on an annual subscription for The Love List when you use INSIDER15.
Tune in to hear Brittny’s advice about how to submit your work the right way, including:
- Why submitting your work is a strategic marketing decision with long-term gain
- How to pick the best publication for your content, client, and goal
- The importance of following submission guidelines
- The way to get on either an editor’s good (or bad) side
- The order you should follow to submit to exclusive and non-exclusive publications
- What you can gain from being published as well as how to get the most out of it
- The value of submitting to local blogs in addition to leading publications
- Her #1 piece of advice for wedding planning professionals
We want to say a special thank you to Brittny for sharing these insights with our Timeline Genius community.
Please take this information, act on it, and carry on the journey toward fulfilling your dreams!