Everyone knows that a live event is challenging precisely because there is no re-do.
So, how do you really prepare for all variables? According to this husband-and-wife team, the answer is to learn from everyone and everything.
Want to hear more? Be sure to tune in for this podcast episode!
Aleah and Nick Valley are the founders of Valley & Company Events, an inclusive event planning and design house. With nearly 20 years of experience, they have been recognized as top wedding planners in the world by Harper’s BAZAAR, Martha Stewart Weddings, and BRIDES. Additionally, they have been featured in countless publications, including TOWN & COUNTRY and Better Homes & Gardens. They are also nationally-recognized industry speakers and co-authors of the best-selling book Storied Weddings.
In this episode, Aleah and Nick explain how knowing the nuances of both events and people prepares you to seamlessly solve the unexpected. Specifically, they share why success in event planning starts with being a student of everything.
Here are some of the key points that Aleah and Nick discuss:
- The importance of hospitality and kindness, especially in the tiny details
- Why it’s imperative to learn about every aspect of event planning as well as people in general
- The value of centering yourself before responding in high stress situations
- What it means to truly get your guests and keep an event’s energy
- The reason that understanding people is a skillset that makes you stand out in other markets
- How you can create new opportunities while supporting relationships built in event planning
- Their action plan for diversifying an event planning business
- Their #1 piece of advice for wedding professionals
To hear Aleah and Nick’s interview, you can press the play button above. And be sure to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes.
We want to say a special thank you to Aleah and Nick for sharing these insights with our Timeline Genius community.
Please take this information, act on it, and carry on the journey toward fulfilling your dreams!