If you find it hard to say no, then you’re not alone. Especially in the event industry, it can be difficult to set boundaries, even when you deserve them.
That’s why this guest shares the powerful way that she determines what she wants and says “no” when something isn’t right for her.
Want to hear how you might apply the same strategy?
Be sure to tune in to this podcast episode!
Dixie Bagley is the Founder of The Southern Wedding Collective, a boutique online wedding marketplace, as well as Dixie Lee Events & Designs, an event coaching and consulting firm. Additionally, she owns the wedding venue The Farm and co-owns a bakery called The Sweet Bar. She is also a certified wedding planner, mentor, and national speaker.
In this episode, Dixie talks about why it’s critical to say no to what isn’t right for you. Specifically, she shares how she gets clear on her no list in advance and effectively sets her boundaries. Ultimately, she explains how this approach benefits her business and creates the space for new opportunities.
Here are some of the key points that Dixie discusses:
- The value and importance of saying “no” without feeling badly
- How to say no with both a confident smile and a legitimate reason
- The way you can use your reason as an educational moment
- Why it’s necessary to listen to your intuition and not ignore red flags
- How she uses customer feedback to pivot and meet market needs
- The way she builds her team by applying people’s strengths
- Her #1 piece of advice for wedding professionals
To hear Dixie’s interview, you can press the play button above. And be sure to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes.
We want to say a special thank you to Dixie for sharing these insights with our Timeline Genius community.
Please take this information, act on it, and carry on the journey toward fulfilling your dreams!