Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
When it comes to small business success, having a great product – or being a great planner – isn’t all it takes. The truth is that running a business requires its own skill-set. And this guest is here to tell you how to gain it through transformational learning.
So, be sure to tune in for this podcast episode!
Tara Melvin is the Principal Planner & Designer of Perfect Planning Events, an award-winning event planning firm in the Washington DC metro area. She is also the Founder and Organizer of The Signature CEO Conference, an educational platform and annual event designed to help creative entrepreneurs ignite business acumen and leadership skills. Additionally, she is the Founder and President/CEO of The National Society of Black Wedding & Event Professionals (NSBWEP). Considered the Olivia Pope of Events, she was named the 2021 WeddingPro Fellowship for Change Mentor and was listed in BizBash’s 2020 List of 500 Most Influential Event Professionals.
In this episode, Tara talks about the importance of concrete business ownership skills as well as the power of networking. Plus, she shares the branding and selling tips that will help you stand out from the crowd.
Here are some of the key points that Tara discusses:
- The way that bringing your A game eliminates regret, regardless of outcome
- Why she started a conference that focused on business ownership rather than on event design
- The reason she formed the first wedding industry association for black-owned businesses
- The connection between mindset and skill set
- Why you should be proactively involved in order to get the value out of memberships
- How to use following up to expand your network
- Her tips for elevating your personal brand and for selling the experience
- Her #1 piece of advice for wedding industry professionals
To hear Tara’s interview, you can press the play button above. And be sure to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes.
We want to say a special thank you to Tara for sharing these insights with our Timeline Genius community.
Please take this information, act on it, and carry on the journey toward fulfilling your dreams!
- Contact Tara here or follow her on Instagram
- Read Zig Ziglar’s Secrets of Closing the Sale
- Get a quick free demo with Timeline Genius! Or contact our Business Development Manager Brooke Bowenschulte at firstname.lastname@example.org. (She loves hearing from you!)