What do you think is the most important factor in a wedding planner’s success? This week’s guest, whose clientele includes Sofia Coppola, Vanessa Getty, and Christy Turlington, says it all comes down to her love for bringing people together and creating once-in-a-lifetime moments.
So, be sure to tune in, because this episode is one you don’t want to miss!
Laurie Arons is the Founder of Laurie Arons Special Events, a full-service event planning company based in California. With over 25 years of industry experience, Laurie is also an educator who designs and hosts an annual destination Wedding Planner Masterclass. Additionally, she is recognized in three premier lists of top wedding planners: Vogue, Martha Stewart Weddings, and Harper’s Bazaar. In similar fashion, her work is featured in countless publications, including W, Vogue, Martha Stewart Weddings, C Weddings, People, Glamour, Town & Country Weddings, Geraldine Magazine and InStyle Weddings.
In this episode, Laurie talks about how her love of wedding planning motivates everything else, including launching her company and tackling the design challenges that have made her a leader in the wedding industry.
Here are some of the key points that Laurie discusses:
- Changes in the wedding industry between when she started in 1994 and now
- How her love of weddings not only fuels her work ethic but also is noticeable to clients and vendors
- The way she combats burnout by hiring the right people
- Her story for why you sometimes need to just say yes and then figure it out
- Her tips for managing logistics in a way that supports vendors and gives guests an amazing experience
- Why she keeps the design for her destination masterclass a secret and what it offers
- Her #1 piece of advice for wedding industry professionals
To hear Laurie’s interview, you can press the play button above. And be sure to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes.
We want to say a special thank you to Laurie for sharing these insights with our Timeline Genius community.
Please take this information, act on it, and carry on the journey toward fulfilling your dreams!