Know the feeling of taking the blame, as a wedding planner, for something that wasn’t really your fault? Wondering how to combat the emotional overwhelm that’s sometimes par for the course?
If so, then be sure to tune in for this podcast episode!
Leah Weinberg is the Owner and Creative Director of Color Pop Events. A former commercial real estate attorney, Leah has quickly become a wedding planning industry leader. She has been recognized in BizBash’s Top 500 Event Pros in the US as well as “25 Young Event Pros to Watch” by Special Events Magazine. She is also the author of The Wedding Roller Coaster, and her planning tips have been featured in publications such as Vogue, The New York Times, CNBC, and People.
In this episode, Leah talks about the emotional territory of wedding planning – for both couples and planners – and explains ways to navigate it. Additionally, she breaks down how to maximize the value of producing your own styled shoots.
Here are some of the key points that Leah discusses:
- The way that she anticipates day-of hypotheticals to de-risk the day
- Why it’s important to understand the emotional impact of wedding planning on couples
- How she manages the emotional weight and responsibility that comes with being an entrepreneur and event planner
- Her 3-step strategy for taking ownership of the solution rather than of the problem
- How to produce your styled shoot and use the chance to build your network
- Her #1 piece of advice for wedding industry professionals
To hear Leah’s interview, you can press the play button above. And be sure to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes.
We want to say a special thank you to Leah for sharing these insights with our Timeline Genius community.
Please take this information, act on it, and carry on the journey toward fulfilling your dreams!