Are you looking for inspiration in your event planning? Do you strive to create weddings that authentically capture your clients?
Curious to learn how the rock star of event planning tackles these issues?
If so, then be sure to listen to this podcast episode!
Jes Gordon is the owner and Creative Director of jesGORDON/properFUN, an award-winning, full-service event production and management company that is based in NYC. Named by Harper’s Bazaar as one of the top wedding planners in the world, she has over 30 years of experience in producing weddings, corporate events, experiential activations, product launches, and more. She is also a mentor and an author.
In this episode, Jes gives her honest take on how searching for ongoing inspiration fuels her passion and her success. Specifically, she talks about why it’s so important to make each event all about the client.
Here are some of the key points that Jes discusses:
- How her early experiences – including set designing for Interview With the Vampire – led to launching her own company
- Why she values authenticity and thrives on creative inspiration
- The importance of lack of ego in service to others, professional success, and event design
- The reason she says to listen visually as well as audibly
- Why she recommends engaging the physical tasks of event planning to tap into all 5 senses
- Her #1 piece of advice for wedding professionals
To hear this interview with Jes, you can press the play button above. And be sure to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes.
We want to say a special thank you to Jes for sharing these insights with our Timeline Genius community.
Please take this information, act on it, and carry on the journey toward fulfilling your dreams!