As a wedding planner, have you ever felt undervalued professionally or personally? Would you like to discover strategies to combat this and to maintain a confident, empowered mindset?
If so, then this podcast episode is for you!
Amber Anderson is the owner of Refine for Wedding Planners, which provides educational resources and community support for wedding planners. She is also the Founder and Co-Owner of Heavenly Day Events, as well as the Co-Founder and Former Board Member of Associated Wedding Planners of Austin. As a coach, speaker, and writer, Amber teaches wedding planners how to refine their businesses so that they can be successful and enjoy what they do!
In this episode, Amber talks about the value of self-investment through professional coaching and the power of mentorship. She also uniquely empowers wedding planners to communicate their needs and to stand up for their profession.
Here are some of the important points that Amber discusses:
- Her top three lessons from ten years of experience in wedding and corporate event planning
- Why you should be willing to pay for the guidance of a mentor or career coach
- The importance of completing a professional commitment, like a course, before moving on to the next one
- Why wedding planners should challenge dismissive perceptions about their profession
- Why you should have a 30-second response at-the-ready to explain and validate your career as a wedding planner
- The need for standardization throughout the wedding industry
- Her #1 overall piece of advice for wedding professionals
To hear Amber’s interview, you can press the play button above. And be sure to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes.
We want to say a special thank you to Amber for sharing these insights with our Timeline Genius community.
Please take this information, act on it, and carry on the journey toward fulfilling your dreams!