Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Today, I’m excited to share with you the 51st episode of our Wedding Industry Insider podcast. For this episode, Eddie had the privilege to sit down with Preeti Vasudeva—an award-winning wedding planner who’s been known to produce elaborate events for an array of high-profile clientele.
Preeti is the owner of Preeti Exclusive Events, a boutique event planning and design company that services both domestic and international locations and specializes in South Asian Fusion weddings. Preeti is also the co-founder of Styckie, a local DC event-planning app that’s slated to launch nationwide this year. She also volunteers her time as a member of the board of directors for the New York chapter of Wish Upon a Wedding.
After going through a divorce, being diagnosed with Stage 4 breast cancer, and losing a best friend to cancer in the span of only a few short years—Preeti is no stranger to overcoming adversity.
In this interview, she opens up about those experiences and how they shifted her perspective in business. She also offers up strategies for dealing with unexpected life changes while still running a successful wedding business.
Here are some of the important points Preeti discusses:
- How dramatic situations in life can change your perspective in business
- Key strategies to prepare your business for the unexpected
- The importance of having contracts that protect you in place ahead of time
- Workflow methods that allow your team to execute an event, even in your absence
- How to manage a client’s expectations early on
- Specific tips to help build a positive mindset—even when dealing with adversity
To hear Preeti’s insightful interview, press the play button below. And don’t forget to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes.
We want to offer a big thank you to Preeti for sharing her inspirational story—and the incredible insight it left her with—with the Timeline Genius community!