For the 49th episode of our Wedding Industry Insider podcast, it was a pleasure sitting down with the talented Nadia Anderson—an event planner and certified public accountant (CPA) who’s as meticulous with money management as she is with event details.
Nadia is the owner of both Virginia Grace Event Management and Nadia Anderson CPA in Richmond, VA. A WeddingPro Educator, Nadia has taken to the stage at Wedding MBA to share her extensive knowledge of numbers with wedding industry pros. She holds a bachelor’s degree in commerce and a master’s in accounting from the McIntire School of Commerce at the University of Virginia and is a Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor.
As both a successful event planner and a sought-after accountant, Nadia is all about making informed business decisions based on your numbers. In this interview, she discusses the importance of knowing your numbers, understanding your profitability, and setting realistic revenue goals.
Here are some of the key points Nadia addresses:
- How knowing your business numbers can improve your quality of life
- Why booking a lot of weddings doesn’t always mean your business is successful
- How to calculate Gross Profit and Net Profit
- The definition of Indirect Expenses and how they impact your bottom line
- The two key ways you can increase your Profit/Profitability
- How to “Budget Backwards” to determine your sales goals
- Why you should know your numbers all year—instead of just before tax season
- Her number-one piece of advice for building a successful business
To hear Nadia’s insightful interview, press the play button below. And don’t forget to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes.
Thank you, Nadia, for sharing your knowledge of numbers with Timeline Genius community!