For the 28th episode of our Wedding Industry Insider podcast, I had the privilege of interviewing Rob Schenk, Editor in Chief of Wedding Industry Law Online and trial attorney at Schenk Smith LLC.
Rob has been representing wedding industry professionals for nearly a decade, and his legal expertise extends to a broad range of crucial issues affecting wedding planners.
In this interview, Rob addresses the top legal issues that wedding planners face. And he equips you with the legal knowledge you need to protect yourself and run your business like a pro.
Here are some of the important points that Rob addresses in this interview:
- How to protect yourself in the event your client cancels the wedding
- The legal issues that arise when someone other than the couple signs your contract
- How to properly secure the rights to images from your events
- How to handle situations where clients want to publicly post negative feedback about your services
- The two vital roles your contract should serve for your business
- Legal rules that determine when your team members are employees versus independent contractors
- The right way and the wrong way to go about drafting your contract
- His most valuable piece of advice for achieving success as a wedding professional
To hear Rob’s interview, you can press the play button below. And be sure to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes.
I want to say a special Thank You to Rob for sharing these insights with our Timeline Genius community.
Please take this information, act on it, and carry on the journey toward fulfilling your dreams!