Wanna elevate your personal brand by becoming a successful speaker in the wedding industry?
If so, then this podcast episode is for you!
Shannon Underwood is the Conference Director for the esteemed Wedding MBA conference in Las Vegas. Her responsibilities include managing trade show booths, designing content for classes, and hiring and training all of the conference speakers. Shannon’s role at the Wedding MBA conference has given her a perfect vantage point for studying the techniques of many of the top speakers in the wedding industry. Her professional experience has also perfectly positioned her to know how to get the most out of attending wedding industry conferences.
In this interview, Shannon shares valuable advice that will help you master the art of professional speaking in the wedding industry. She also addresses important topics such as the following:
- Specific tactics you can use to get speaking engagements
- The most common pitfalls that can undermine your success as a speaker and how to avoid them
- How to be entertaining and impactful when you speak (hint: narrative symmetry is a good thing)
- How to strategically select the right conferences to attend and how to get the most out of them
- The behind-the-scenes story of how Wedding MBA began and evolved to its current state
- Her #1 overall piece of advice for wedding professionals
To hear Shannon’s interview, you can press the play button below. And be sure to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes.
I want to say a special Thank You to Shannon for sharing these insights with our Timeline Genius community.
Please take this information, act on it, and carry on the journey toward fulfilling your dreams!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed