Do you feel overwhelmed by the amount of competition in your wedding market? If so, you’re not alone, but you’re also not stuck.
Expert wedding planner Kate Murtaugh found success by viewing fellow planners as her community, not her “competition.”
Kate Murtaugh is the CEO and Creative Director of Kate Murtaugh Events & Design, an award-winning studio based in New England. Today on the Wedding Industry Insider Podcast, Kate shares her unique insight on how you can strengthen your business and your wedding market by embracing community over competition.
This interview is full of so much heart and warmth, as Kate shares the ways she has struggled (and succeeded!) as an entrepreneur and a mother. Here are some of our favorite takeaways:
- There are clients for everyone, and creating a referral network and community of mentors benefits everyone.
- Family means everything to Kate, and clients have shared that they feel even more cared for because of this.
- We get 3 guiding principles that help Kate balance family and entrepreneurship.
- Kate uses Timeline Genius to keep track of her community, plan polished events, and claim more time in her day.
- And, Kate shares her #1 piece of advice for wedding planners!
We want to say a special thank you to Kate for sharing these insights with our Timeline Genius community.
Please take this information, act on it, and carry on the journey toward fulfilling your dreams!